Motorcycle Breakdown Cover

We offer the same high level of cover for motorcycle breakdowns or motorcycle accidents.

Motorcycle Breakdown Cover

AXA Assistance

AXA Assistance are able to call on a vast network of breakdown breakdown specialists twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

AXA Assistance


Frequently Asked Questions

Breakdown Cover Support & Assistance


European Assistance You can find many answers in the Policy Information pages (which should read in conjunction with these answers), but if you can't find the answers there or on this page, please call us on the number at the foot of the page.


About Vehicle Rescue Direct:

About the Cover:

Policy Holders:

Who are you?

Q. I haven't heard of you before, is your service reliable?
A. Our vehicle assistance services are provided by AXA Assistance who are wholly owned by the global AXA Group, one of the leading insurance companies in Europe. Travel Insurance Agencies Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Q. Who are Vehicle Rescue Direct?
A. Vehicle Rescue Direct is a trading division of Travel Insurance Agencies Limited. We are an independent travel insurance intermediary and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.


Applying On-line

Q. Is it safe to apply on-line?
A. When you make an application through our web site, your details are encrypted using industry standard technologies designed to make transmitting data secure.

If you have difficulty using the form, have any questions, or you prefer not to use our secure on-line application form, you may still apply by calling our sales office on 0845 450 0620 which is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Q. What happens to my personal information when you receive it?
A. We will never pass on any of your personal information to third parties and abide by the Data Protection Act 1998. Your payment details are handled by Secure Trading who are authorised by all the major UK banks to process payments.

Read our Privacy Policy


Q. What happens if I lose my keys?
A. House Key and Vehicle Key Cover to our Annual Rescue plans. On single trip policies, if you require a locksmith we will try and arrange these for you but you will have to pay for their services.


Living Abroad

Q. I currently live abroad. Can I still apply?
A. We are only able to cover residents of the United Kingdom driving UK registered cars. The insured journey must start from and return back to the UK.


Changing Details

Q. Am I able to transfer cover to a different car?
A. Cover is purchased for one vehicle only, however if you sell that vehicle and purchase a new one we can transfer the policy to that new vehicle. Unfortunately we are unable to transfer it to a different vehicle if you still own both vehicles. It is not possible to transfer the policy to a different person.


Vehicle Types

Q. What types of vehicle do you cover?
A. We are able to cover any private, leased or company car, or motorcycle, which is up to and including 15 years old. Vehicles must not exceed 3500kg in gross weight, 5.1m in length, 2m in height, or 2.1m in width. We are unable to cover vehicles which are being used for business purposes.

Q. Can you cover my Trailer / Caravan?
A. Yes. We are able to cover trailers or caravans of a recognised manufacturer. Trailers and caravans must carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel and are only covered for incidents when attached to the insured vehicle. For instance, we are unable to recover a trailer or caravan if it is at a caravan or camp site. In such circumstances where the towing vehicle is not fixed by the time you are due to return home it is likely you will be offered assistance to return home and the cost of a one-way ticket for someone to collect the vehicle, and thus the trailer, once the vehicle has been repaired.
Q. If my car breaks down and cannot be repatriated, will you still recover the trailer / Caravan?
A. Provided the vehicle is being towed by the insured vehicle at the time of the breakdown and that vehicle cannot be repatriated (because the cost to do so was greater than the vehicle's market value), the trailer or caravan would be recovered provided the cost of doing so was not more than the market value of the trailer.


Payment & Refunds

Q. Do I have to apply on-line?
A. No. You can apply by calling our Application Hotline. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Call 0845 450 0620 - 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Q. I wish to pay by cheque, do I have enough time to receive the cover?
A. We process the cheques immediately and issue cover on the same day the cheque is received. If you wish to pay by cheque, please call us first.

Q. Can I get a refund ?
A. Yes. You have a 14 day cooling off period after purchasing the insurance during which time you can return the policy for a full refund - no questions asked. Refunds cannot be made after the booked departure date or if a claim has been made or pending on the cover.


European Countries

(Applicable to European travel schemes.)
Q. Which countries are covered in Europe?
A. The coverage extends to Continental Europe. You are covered for journeys within the United Kingdom when travelling between your home and point of departure during the period of the insurance.

Countries covered are: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of Cyprus, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, The Vatican City, and these country's dependant islands within the geographical area of Europe, of the aforementioned countries.


Before You Leave

(Applicable to European travel schemes.)
Q. What should I do if I have an accident or breakdown before I leave?
A. We will help arrange and pay up to £750 for a similar replacement vehicle if on the day you leave the insured vehicle cannot be used following a breakdown or accident.


Renewing Cover

Q. How do I renew my cover ?
A. The easiest way to renew your policy is by calling our sales team on 0845 450 0620 with your policy number. This applies to whether your old policy has expired or not. Alternatively, you can simply apply for a new policy from this web site.


Private Motorways

Q. What do I do if I break down on a private motorway abroad?
A. On many European motorways or Autoroutes, particularly in France, if you break down the emergency telephones will be answered by the police. They will arrange for a recovery vehicle to tow you and your vehicle off the motorway either to a local garage or perhaps to a motorway service station, without reference to AXA Assistance.

You may be required to pay for this assistance on the spot, in which case obtain and keep a receipt and we will reimburse you. Alternatively, once you and your vehicle are towed to a place of safety call AXA Assistance and the recovery agent may accept our guarantee of payment. At this stage AXA Assistance will also arrange any other assistance you may require.


What to do in the event of an emergency:

We have put together a useful guide on what to do in the event of an accident or emergency. Click Here for this useful information.


Extending Cover

(Applicable to all European Single Trip schemes only.)
. Can my cover be extended whilst I am still abroad?
A. This can be done provided the policy has not already expired. You will need to call one of our sales advisors on + 44 1603 632386 .


Am I covered immediately I purchase cover?

Q. Am I covered immediately I purchase cover?
A. We are unable to cover a breakdown that occurs during the first 24 hours after cover is purchased for the first time except for benefits shown under Section A of the cover; e.g. UK Roadside Assistance more than one mile from your home and recovery of your vehicle to a local garage normally within 15 miles. Please read the policy wording for details.


Making a Complaint:
Our Promise of Service
We make every effort to provide you with the highest standards of service. If on any occasion our service falls below the standard you would expect us to meet, the procedure below explains what you should do.

You can write to the Quality Manager, who will arrange an investigation on behalf of the General Manager, at: Inter Partner Assistance, The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1PR or telephone 01737 815215.

If it is impossible to reach an agreement you have the right to make an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, Docklands, London E14 9SR or telephone 0845 080 1800.

Contact Information

Our comprehensive FAQ's should answer most questions you may have. If you want to ask a question not covered here, phone us on the number below.

Vehicle Rescue Direct
(a division of Travel Insurance Agencies Limited)
Sackville Place, Suite 316 44-48 Magdalen Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 1JU
Tel: 0845 450 0620

Travel Insurance Agencies Limited:
Registered in England and Wales, Company Certificate No: 3136334